The beloved Tiffany & Co.
This timeless jewelry brand holds a special place in high-end jewelry lover’s hearts. The company sells only exceptional quality jewelry including rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more. What makes Tiffany & Co. so special? This American brand signifies the most desired, timeless designs that never get old.
The jewelry from Tiffany is an arbiter of taste and style, that’s for sure. Always a perfect idea for a gift, for your loved ones and for yourself! Founded in 1837 in New York, United States by Charles Lewis Tiffany and John F. Young, after so many years it is still on the top of luxury jewelry brands. Tiffany’s jewelry is a must have of every elegant and stylish person!
10 surprising facts about the Tiffany rings – you need to know them all!
1. Who invented the engagement rings? You never thought of it, right? It seems that engagement rings have been around since always. Meanwhile, they were invented by Charles Tiffany himself in 1886!
2. Mary Todd Lincoln, the wife of the 16th President of the United States, once got a whole Tiffany set from her husband, Abraham Lincoln.
3. There are more than a few iconic figures who received Tiffany’s as a gift. One of them was the Queen Elisabeth of England, who was given a vintage Tiffany’s compact from President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle to celebrate Her Highnesses Diamond Jubilee.
4. Can you guess which company created the iconic 50th Super Bowl trophy? Yes, you’re right! It was Tiffany & Co. It’s no surprise that there are other iconic trophies designed by Tiffany, such as the NFL’s Lombardi trophy, for example.
5. Again, not about rings, but still quite fascinating. Tiffany was the first American silversmith that was awarded the grand prize for silver craftsmanship during the 1878 Paris fair.
6. The bracelets were originally made of silver and plated with gold, but soon the company began producing gold versions, and in 1979, diamond-studded models were also made.
7. Let’s go back to the rings : The Tiffany setting was introduced by the brand in 1886, and the cut is still the most popular engagement ring in the world. Such a success!
8. At least one fact about the Breakfast at Tiffany’s just needs to be included in here. Did you know that during filming inside the iconic shop, the gems were guarded by not less than 40 guards?
9. Tiffany & Co. is the most iconic American jewelry brand. No wonder why, the fancy Tiffany china is sometimes used for White House dinners.
10. Last but not least, Tiffany’s store has been on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 57th street in Manhattan, New York since 1940, and it’s the most iconic, flagship location.
Sell Us Your Jewelry – the #1 top-rated place to Sell Tiffany Rings!
Sell Us Your Jewelry is a buying division of Gray & Sons Jewelers. The company has over four decades of experience in buying and selling high-end jewelry and is one of the most famous buyers of exclusive new and pre-owned Tiffany rings in the US.
If you want to sell Tiffany rings, Sell Us Your Jewelry is the best place to get the highest price and satisfaction. Choose the top-rated, trusted and experienced company and make the whole selling experience incredibly easy and enjoyable – Sell Us Your Jewelry is always the right choice!
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Sahyadri Times journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.